Sunday, September 23, 2007

They're called Whoopie Pies! Get it right Utah!






I am still blown away by the fact that nobody here knows what the heck a whoopie pie is. Out here in the west they call them "homemade oreos". Well I have had enough of this sad excuse for a name. Something so delicious as a whoopie pie deserves more than these simple minded westerners give it credit for. I took it upon myself to educate my roommates and neighbors. Although I made them on my own , Meghan did contribute by being my camera woman, makeup artist and official taste tester. The finished product received great reviews and many raised eyebrows, the phrase "WHOOPIE pie" doesn't go down smooth quite like the treat does.... I tried!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I quite agree with you! No one out here knows what they are and it's annoying. I've made 'em a couple of times - I need to again. Looks like you're having a great time! Fun roomates, nice car, whoopie pies! Can't beat it! :)