Friday, February 2, 2007

Feeling Crabby

I was in a pretty restless mood the other day, I was craving something exciting, something to look forward to, something new...just SOMETHING. After a lot of pacing and thinking and planning I ended up dragging Suzanne to the pet store. I came to the conclusion that getting a pet would be a quick fix for my strange mood.

After weighing my options (which technically we are only allowed to have fish in the dorms) I chose my hermit crab! I am amazed at how easy they are to have, no special lights or food. So far I have found that he likes dry oatmeal, but does not like raspberry jam. He seems to enjoy it when I let him scuttle around my bed, and I am getting used to his spider-like qualities enough to let him crawl on my hand. (No, I did not drop him in this picture.)
Ideas for a name anyone?

4 comments:

bridgette said...

He looks cute and cuddly...my kind of pet. You definitely have to name him something dental related like pontic, Mr. Thirsty, or cuspidor. There are too many good words to even begin listing them. Let us know what you decide on.

Anonymous said...

I vote for "Junk-in-the-shell" and you could just call him "Junk."

Anonymous said...

hey that was so much fun shopping for pets! I am so glad you dragged me along!...He's really starting to grow on me...I am so happy that you got something that you're so excited about. It's good to see you so happy!!!

Anonymous said...

scuttle is def. the best name for him! i love it....PS your crabby just tickled my hand! it was kinda creepy!!